Your privacy is of utmost importance to our institution of higher education. This privacy statement explains what personal data is collected by the institution through our interactions with you and through our products, and how we use that data.
1. Protection of personal data
Within the framework of the execution of its services, our establishment and its staff are likely to collect personal data relating to either students, their parents and/or any person whose contact details the student would transmit to it. It is recalled that as the sponsor of the services, the student and/or his parents are responsible for the processing implemented by the higher education institution on his behalf, the latter being a “processor” within the meaning of the European Regulation 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (RGPD) and any national legislation.
The personal data we collect:
Our institution collects data in order to optimize its services. This data is provided directly, when you register via information request forms, brochure request forms or when you register for one of our training courses.
You are free to provide the data we collect. When you are asked to provide personal data, you may refuse. If you choose not to provide the data necessary for our institution to provide its services, it cannot be blamed for this refusal, just as it cannot be blamed for a service that is imperfectly rendered for this reason alone.
The data we collect varies depending on the context of your interactions with our company and the services you request. The data we collect may include the following:
- Name and contact data: We collect your first and last names, last name, usual names, first names, email address, postal address(es), telephone, fax, email and other similar contact data.
- Demographic Data: As part of the files we process, we may collect information about you such as your age, gender, country and language preference or level of education.
- Payment Information: As part of the billing process for our services, we may collect information necessary to process your payment.
We also collect the information you freely provide us and the content of the messages you send to us or publish on our website, such as comments, evaluations that you write, or elements and information that you provide to the members of our institution mainly in the context of processing your files.
2. Obligations of our institution of higher education
Consequently, our institution of higher education undertakes to collect and process said personal data in compliance with these regulations, and in this respect, in particular to:
- Collect and process personal data only in accordance with the express instructions of the prospect, the student or his ascendants and for the purposes related to the purpose of the training.
- Preserve the security, integrity and confidentiality of personal data as soon as he or she collects or records them in the context of the execution of the training.
- Not to communicate personal data to any third party whatsoever, except for third parties to whom it would be strictly necessary to transmit personal data in the execution of the training.
- Not to transfer personal data outside the territory of the European Union, except to third countries with an adequate level of protection in the sense of the supervisory authorities or to a subcontractor authorized by the prospect, the student or his ascendants and signatory of the standard contractual clauses issued by the European authorities;
- Put in place any data security system that may be required either because of an impact assessment carried out by the prospective customer, the student or his or her ascendants as data controller or because of specific legislation requiring the use of specific data retention procedures.
- Alert without delay the prospect, the student or his or her ascendants in the event of a breach, loss or unauthorized disclosure of personal data collected in the context of the mandate/mission entrusted, in order to enable the prospect, the student or his or her ascendants to alert the data subjects and to comply with his or her obligations within the meaning of the aforementioned regulations.
How we use personal data:
Our institution uses the data collected in order to ensure the provision of its services and to develop its students. We use it to improve our services and personalize your experience. We may also use this data to communicate with you, for example, by sending you letters, emails, invoices, newsletters or newsletters. We use the data to provide and improve the services we offer and to carry out commercial operations mainly the sending of one-off information and newsletters. We use the data we collect to communicate with you and to personalize the communications we send you. For example, we may contact you by telephone, e-mail or other means.
Reasons why we share your personal information:
We share your personal data with service providers working for our institution, and in particular to ensure internal (servers) and external (service providers and Cloud such as Dropbox, OneDrive) backup of files, data and information that our prospects, students or their ascendants entrust to us or that we develop for their benefit, to use and ensure the security of our files, in particular to prevent or stop an attack on our computer systems or networks, or when required by law or to respond to legal proceedings.
We also share email addresses with outside service providers for the purpose of sending our Newsletter and general information materials.
The members of our institution shall in any case refrain from reproducing, exploiting or using the personal data collected on the occasion of the mandate or mission that will have been entrusted to our institution, for its own purposes or on behalf of third parties outside the missions entrusted by the prospect, the student or his ascendants, from sending specific information and/or newsletters, and undertakes to modify or delete, either at the request of the prospect, the student or his ascendants, or at the request of a person concerned, and in any event at the end of the purpose pursued and at the end of the execution of the mission/training entrusted, any personal data collected on the occasion or for the purposes of execution of the mission/training that will have been entrusted.
Our institution retains the personal data of its students for the entire duration of the missions and training courses entrusted to it, to which is added any legal period of retention of the archives as well as the period of management of former students.
How to access and control your personal data:
You may request to consult, modify or delete your personal data by contacting one of the members of our institution by any means (e-mail, mail, fax, telephone). You can also make choices about the collection and use of your data by our institution.
You can also choose whether or not you wish to receive e-mail, SMS messages, telephone calls and postal mail from our company. You may also opt-out of receiving our newsletter by unsubscribing from our website or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org stating “unsubscribe newsletter” or equivalent message.
3. Obligations of the prospect, the student or his ascendants
It is reminded that it is the responsibility of the prospect, the student or his or her ascendants, as the person responsible for processing his or her own data, to obtain all necessary consent from the individuals concerned, whose details he or she would transmit to one of the members of the institution, in particular its employees, in correlation with the purposes pursued. In addition, the data subjects have rights of access, rectification, erasure, limitation, portability and opposition on the personal data concerning them, and may at any time revoke the consents to the processing.
Data subjects may assert their rights directly with the institution, which undertakes to exercise these rights within the statutory time limits and to inform the prospect, the student or his or her ascendants.
4. Subcontractors of the institution
Finally, the prospect, the student or his or her ascendants consent to the institution using service providers, thus acting as subcontractors:
- Data storage (in particular Word, Excel, Pdf, Ppt files, business cards in Outlook and Gmail,…), is carried out on the internal server of the establishment but storage is also carried out, as a security backup, on one or more external servers and possibly in a Cloud or cloud (or cloud computing) (in particular on Dropbox and Onedrive) possibly hosted outside the European Union. The current service provider of the establishment is the company OVH – 2 rue Kellermann – BP 80157 59053 ROUBAIX CEDEX 1 France.Dataare stored on its servers located in France, possibly in Europe or outside the European Union.
- As regards the storage of email addresses and the sending of Newsletters (or newsletters), the Law Firm’s current service provider is the company OVH – 2 rue Kellermann – BP 80157 59053 ROUBAIX CEDEX 1 France. The data is stored on its servers located in France, possibly in Europe or outside the European Union.
5. Cookies & and similar technologies
We may also use web beacons to help us place cookies and collect usage and performance data. Our websites may include web beacons and cookies from third party service providers.
You have a variety of tools to control cookies, web beacons, and similar technologies, including browser controls to block and erase cookies, and controls by certain third party analytics service providers to opt out of the collection of data by web beacons and similar technologies.